Thursday 19 November 2015

Prints and photographs I used to create my final print 




 I took this picture in a night club named Black Rabbit in Liverpool City centre. The drink contains cranberry juice and vodka, however the bright lights inside the club made the drink appear more red in colour. I have only used the outline of the glass in my final print, and it can only be see very faintly. I placed it in the centre of the print, I have not duplicated the image . Using this image has related back to my original theme of my project 'night life', therefore I thought it was important to incorporate this into my print.
 This photograph was taken in Concert Square in Liverpool city centre at about 11 pm on a Saturday evening. I like the way the image captures movement, this can be seen through the girl in the green coat in the centre and the man walking behind her, their feet are blared which gives off this effect. However, the people in this image didn't feature in my final print, the 'soho' lights that can be seen did feature in it slightly, because only the 's' and the 'o' appear. I thought it would look interesting incorporating text into my design as it further emphasises the bright lights of night life in Liverpool.

 I took this photograph of a stuffed deer in the national history museum in New York. There were many animals to choose from however I thought this one reflected the taxidermy on display in the Black Rabbit night club. There are a few deer and other various stuffed animals in glass cages and hanging up on the walls. I thought this would add a twist to my theme, as the main idea is surrounded by bright lights and drinks, however this is something a bit different.
 I made this print using the bottom of a shot glass. I dipped it in different coloured acrylic paints and layered them over each other. I like the texture that the paint has created and thought they would add a unique look to my print. If I were to make a similar postcard print I would do it on different coloured card, I think red or blue would look good, this would make the colours like the yellow and the greens stand out more.


No comments:

Post a Comment