Thursday 19 November 2015

Print experimentation



For this print I used one of the prints I made using water based paint, and I used a straw and blew the paint so that it spread all over the page. Originally I used mainly primary colours with an addition of pink, green and orange, however when I uploaded it onto Photoshop and adjusted it, the colours changed into more vibrant and almost neon colours, for example the yellow and the green colours are very bright. Behind this print however, I used the picture of the glass with the cranberry juice and vodka drink in it. I changed the colour of this so that it was a bright blue colour and I also replicated it so that it appeared three more times, some are slightly overlapping but I think that this gives it an interesting edge.








This print contains two different photographs that I took; one is an image from Bold Street and the other is from Concert Square in Liverpool City centre in the evening. I have used the image from Concert Square three times and the image from Bold Street once. As well as this I have also used a drawing of mine, that involved me outlining the edge of a shot glass, it is rather difficult to see in this print but it can be seen mostly on the bottom left hand corner. I have also used another print that I created using paints, this involved me using black drawing ink to create various lines and shapes, and then I used acrylic paints to fill in the gaps. The effects I used in this print are; pin light, vivid light, linear light, hard light and difference.



I made this print by using a drawing I did of a class and a straw, I outlined the glass and the straw but I drew the glass using black fine liner, and I used red fine liner to draw around the straw, however this is not clear here because I have changed the colour using different effects. On top of this I have used the print that I made using the bottom of a shot glass, and dipped it into different coloured acrylic paints, however the colours have changed because of the effects I have used. I prefer these colours as I think that they suit my theme more, they resemble the chaotic and hectic atmosphere of night life. For this print the effects I used are; difference and linear burn.

The print contains a picture of a stuffed deer that I took in the National History Museum in New York, and the print I made using the bottom of a shot glass to create circles on the page. I like the subtle colours of this print, however these tones don't really reflect the idea of night life. However I like the way only parts of the deer can be seen and not all of it. The circles from the print that I made resemble water which slightly fits in with my theme, as it can be interpreted as a drink.
This is the image of the glass of vodka and cranberry juice but with a brighter coloured effect, and I have then replicated the image and created it three more times, I then overlay these images to give the image movement. I really like the colours in this, for example the subtle hint of pink and the bright green colour are all appealing and link in with my theme well. For this print I used the hard light effect.
I have used three different images for this print. The first is the image of the deer that I took in the museum in New York, the second picture is the one of the cranberry juice and vodka in a glass, and the third is the print that I created myself using the bottom of the shot glass and acrylic paint. I have replicated the drink image four times, these slightly overlap but they still look interesting. There are many colours in this print, and it is very similar to my final print, except in my final print I used the 'soho' image. For this image I have used the hard light and difference effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment